Monday, August 1, 2016

#TAABeauty Young Artist Spotlight: Featured Dancer Kaylynn Gardner!

Kaylynn Bonnie Gardner is an eleven year old sixth grader at Monroe Elementary School in Hanford, her favorite subject is math and we at Theater Arts Alliance have known that "KK" was a girl to watch ever since she walked into auditions for the Nutcracker Ballet!  We hope that this talented and enthusiastic young woman continues to be a fixture in our productions!  Here are some of her thoughts on life as a young person in the performing arts! 
 

 
How long have you been studying the performing arts? 
I have danced since before I could even walk, competing with Dancer's Edge in Hanford and the past year dancing with Ruby Slipper in Visalia. Last summer I was in my first production, Annie, where I was a lead dancer. It was so much fun and it truly sparked my desire to be on stage! Last fall I was privileged to be in Nutcracker with TAA. I played the part of Fritz, Clara's brother, and also danced as a soldier, Peppermint and Gingerbread. That was my first real experience with a professional theatre company and I loved every minute! Madama Butterfly with TAA was my first opera experience and it was amazing! With Ruby Slipper, I also performed in Mulan. I am now involved in TAA's Beauty and the Beast as a featured dancer which will perform later this month. I actually learned to walk in my first ballet class in Kings Dance Center in Hanford! I have been dancing ever since! When I am dancing, I feel inspired and happy. I am also an ambassador for a dance company, Sugar. This has been a fun experience and I get to promote their company and share my dance experiences with friends on Instagram.





Can you tell us about some of your latest adventures?  There seems to be a lot going on for you right now!  This summer has been filled with new, exciting experiences for me. I have auditioned for a movie which will start filming sometime this fall, I performed in a music video with Talia Perez, a new Christian artist, performed live with her in Los Angeles, and filmed the music video on top of the L.A. Athletic Club in downtown Los Angeles! That was such a crazy fun experience. Saturday night, after rehearing for Beauty in the Beast in Visalia, I attended my very first Red Carpet event in Hollywood, hosted by the producer and casting directors I am currently working with. It was an event to expose new film makers and actresses to the Hollywood elite! I also spent two days the past week filming a movie in Los Angeles. This was a UCLA Student film production where I was a classroom kid and a playground kid. The start was Zackary Arthur (The 5th Wave). I was on the movie set for two days. I met a lot of people. This summer I also had the opportunity to do some stock print modeling, and I had two professional photo shoots in Los Angeles. My mom is in negotiations for two new projects, however, I'm still waiting on those! 
 
Who should come and see TAABeauty and why?  I would encourage everyone to go experience Beauty and the Beast. It's going to be awesome. The singers are all amazing and the acting is very professional. I'm honored to be a part of this production. I think when people experience the performing arts, they can let the cares of the day away and you can relax and be pulled into the story for a couple of hours. The cast for Beauty and the Beast is the largest cast I've worked with and I'm loving getting to know so many new people. My dream is to someday have a lead part in a production so I can showcase the experiences I have had and perform for my family and friend. My dreams are coming true thanks to TAA and my parents and family who support me in this 100%.



Come meet Kaylynn "KK" and the rest of the fantastic
TAA Beauty cast this August 18-21 at the 
LJ Williams Theater in Visalia! 
For Tickets call 559-972-8417 

No comments:

Post a Comment