Friday, August 12, 2016

#TAABeauty Cast Spotlight: Tyler Jarrett, "Cogsworth"

Tyler Jarrett's straight-laced and hysterical performance as Cogsworth in Theater Arts Alliance's production of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" keeps us rolling with laughter, even in rehearsals!  Tyler has been seen in leading roles across Tulare County, and we are so glad that he has joined us for #TAABeauty!  We asked him a few questions about life in and out of theater...

When you're not on stage, what are you up to?
During the day I am a Science teacher for 7th and 8th grade at Mulcahy Middle School in Tulare. When I am not working or in theater I like to play video games, work out, and go on adventures.

Tell us about Cogsworth -- how is he important to Beauty and the Beast?

Cogsworth is an eccentric yet exciting character who is completely loyal to the Beast even if he is frightened of him. He adds comic relief to the show and serves as a foil to Lumiere in that Lumiere has a blatant disregard for the rules while Cogsworth MUST uphold them. 


What other roles have you played?

Recently, I was Princeton in Avenue Q, Edward Bloom in Big Fish, and Danny Zuko in Grease. After Beauty and the Beast closes, I will start another run as Edward Bloom in Big Fish at Selma Arts Center. These three roles have been some of my favorites because even though they are different, they are all just guys trying to follow their hearts. Cogsworth is now a favorite too because he is so different from those roles.


Why musical theater?  How is it important to you and to the community?
Musical theater is such an important part of my life because I literally grew up on stage. I met many of my best friends there and it helped me come out of my shell. Just like Belle and her books, musical theater has taken me to far off places and allowed me to take on the life of a new character with every show. For people who enjoy books, movies, and even video games, musical theater is a great form of entertainment. 

Who would you recommend come to see #TAABeauty?
Beauty and the Beast is one show that people of all ages will enjoy. There is comedy, drama, and a wonderful lesson to be learned.
This cast is amazingly talented and I am very excited to be a part of it.

See Tyler and the rest of the memorable #TAABeauty cast
August 18-21 at Visalia's LJ Williams Theater!
Tickets online at
Brown Paper Tickets: Beauty and the Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment