Friday, August 5, 2016

#TAABeauty Cast Spotlight: Ensemble and Featured Dancer Christian David

 We have been fans of Christian David's musical work for a long time -- we're so excited that he is finally joining us on stage with TAA's "Beauty and the Beast!" 

We asked him some questions about his life, in and out of theater and music -- hope you enjoy getting to know him a bit better as much as we did!

You do a lot with music -- can you please tell us about the rest of your musical life and what it means for you?
My musical life is devoted to ministry. I have had the opportunity to travel and minister through song, and it's the most rewarding experience I could ask for! This is what I believe my purpose and destiny, to minister the gospel of Jesus Christ through song.

When it's not music, what else do you do with your life?
When I'm not doing music (which is very rare) I'm also a graphic design artist. I have my own business in which I design flyers, business cards banners and also do video and commercial editing.

Why musical theater?
For me, there is so much joy I get out of theater, both on stage and off. And I believe this to be true for the community as well, those who perform and those who don't. It offers the same experience to all...a chance to get a way and go to another place that's outside of your life for a while. A chance to live through breathtaking music and story telling. I believe, now more than ever, this is important. Giving people an outlet from this harsh world we live in.

Tell us about TAA's production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast...
This production is filled with so many genuine people who just love to perform. An awesome group of people who really just love to be nice. And that's exactly what comes across during performances. 

Any additional thoughts on life?
No matter what, live! Life may throw a harsh temporary reality your way, but there's always hope! Choose to live and not look back on what was and will never be again!

He didn't mention this in the interview, but we have to!  Christian's CDs are fantastic!  Find his work on iTunes and Amazon and GooglePlay!  








See and hear Christian and the rest of the spectacular TAA Beauty and the Beast cast perform at Visalia's LJ Williams Theater August 18-21!
For tickets call 559-972-8417 or visit Brown Paper Tickets Online

No comments:

Post a Comment