Thursday, February 25, 2016

TAA Butterfly Spotlight: Ensemble Member Brittany Uggla!



Meet Brittany Uggla! Her lovely voice and unfailingly positive personality are assets to every cast she is in, and she brings a huge amount of focus and energy to her role in the ensemble. We are so glad she is part of TAA Butterfly.  Here are her thoughts on Madama Butterfly and her work in theater as well as in the "real world!"

What brought you to TAA Butterfly?
I decided to join the Butterfly cast because I thought it would be a great experience, challenging, and fun! This is my first opera and now I can take what I have learned in voice lessons to the stage.

You've done several shows -- what is your favorite part of the rehearsal process?
My favorite part of the rehearsal process is the journey. Being in a production you get to see it from the beginning and watch it slowly transform from "some people singing" to a spectacular production!

How is this production different from other theater projects you've done?
Madama Butterfly is different from other musical productions that I have participated in that it is completely sung in Italian. I had to do some research to figure out what the characters were saying.

What is your favorite section?
My favorite section to sing is "Cio-Cio-San!" where Butterfly's uncle crashes the wedding and we all turn against her.

What is your "day job?" 
My day job is I work at College of the Sequoias in Accounts Receivable. I am also getting ready to apply for a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy at Fresno Pacific and hope to one day get certified as a drama/art therapist.

Other interests?
My hobbies other then performing are anything and everything in the arts from photography to make up design to painting to making random videos for fun.

What is your next theater project?
I am not sure what my next theater project will be. I got married during the summer and have been busy adjusting to married life but I'm sure I'll be involved in another production soon.

See Brittany and the rest of the #TAAButterfly cast tear up the stage on March 4th and 6th at the Main Street Theater in Visalia! 
Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets: Madama Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment