Wednesday, February 24, 2016

TAA Butterfly Spotlight: Ensemble Member Scott Rogers!

Ensemble member Scott Rogers is one of the best people to work with in the Tulare County theater community, and we are grateful whenever we win the fight with the Ag Show or planting or harvest and get to have him in a show!


Why did you decide to be part of Madama Butterfly?  
A different experience. I have never done an opera before, and what a great one to start with! 


What is your favorite part of the rehearsal process?
When it all starts to come together. I know that when I get the chills during rehearsal we are there and the audience is going to feel it too. 


You've been part of many shows; how is this one different? 
Butterfly is very different for me, not only is the music difficult, but memorizing and pronouncing Italian is hard! 


What is your favorite section as a singer?
I enjoy the men's chorus entrance section; not only do we (the tenors) get to trade off with the women, but also with the baritones as well. Then we swell together and hit the big high notes.

Scott in "real life" as a thriving Tulare County Farmer

What else interests you besides music and theater? I love to travel, especially with my family. I would like to visit all the great theaters around the world someday. 

Do you have any future goals in theater work? To keep working and getting better. I hope I can continue to do what I love. Live theater is so much fun. So much work but the rewards are great. 

Why perform?
 I love to make a connection with the audience, and make them feel what the composer wanted them to feel. 

Future theater projects? Not sure yet, "Chicago" would be a blast! We will see what the future brings.



See Scott Rogers and the rest of the #TAAButterfly cast March 4th and 6th at the Main Street Theater in Visalia! 
Tickets at:  Brown Paper Tickets: Madama Butterfly



 
Scott in the "Master of the House" scene in the LCA production of Les Miserables

No comments:

Post a Comment