Wednesday, February 24, 2016

TAA Butterfly Cast Spotlight -- Elizabeth Hampton, "Il Cugina"

Elizabeth in the TCOE production of "Peter Pan"
Elizabeth Hampton is what we call a true "Triple Threat" -- she can act, she can dance, and wow can she sing!  She played the Ballerina Doll in TAA's production of the Nutcracker Ballet and at fifteen has already been in many dance shows and musical theater productions.  
In the Theater Arts Alliance production of Madama Butterfly, Elizabeth plays "il Cugina" -- Butterfly's young and outspoken cousin. 

You've done a lot of dance and musical theater -- what about opera? 
This is my first opera production.  TAA gave me the opportunity to audition along with the rest of the season and I thought, "why not?!


What is your favorite part of the rehearsal process? 
My favorite part of the rehearsal process would have to be singing with such a talented cast. 


How is opera different from other things you've done?
Madame butterfly is very different from any other shows I've been in for many reasons but the main reason is it is in a different language!

What is your favorite section as a singer?
My favorite part to sing is O Kami! everyone sounds phenomenal there and its just fun to sing!


You obviously spend a lot of time on singing -- what are your other interests? 
I practice all genres of dance, study many different musical instruments, and oil paint.


Future goals?
My goals are to continue my career in theatre and move to New York!





 

What can we see you in next after TAA Butterfly?
My next show is Billy Joel's "Movin' Out -- the Musical" produced by TCOE

See Elizabeth Hampton and the rest of the TAA Butterfly Cast March 4th and 6th at the Main Street Theater in Visalia
Tickets at: Brown Paper Tickets: Madama Butterfly 
 
Elizabeth has the same exuberance on stage and in life!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment