Tuesday, February 23, 2016

TAA Butterfly Spotlight: Ensemble Member Kat Goodin!

How many people can say that their first experience doing theater is in an opera?  This is true for beautiful mezzo-soprano Kat Goodin.  Though she has sung choral masterworks such as Handel's Messiah, this is her first time putting on a character for the stage -- and it seems like she has been doing it all her life!

Why did you join the TAA Butterfly cast?  I wanted to join the cast because I love to sing! 

What is the best part of the rehearsal process?  I really love that moment when the group is working on a vocal piece and it just clicks, everything comes together. 

What are your other interests?  My day job is Speech-language pathologist, working in the school district with kids. Interests are music, cooking, and spending time with my family. I'm also a little addicted to clothing, shoes, and accessories. 

Why opera?  I believe music is universal. It brings dimension, healing, and purpose to life.

See Kat and the rest of the #TAAButterfly cast March 4th and 6th at the Main Street Theater in Visalia!  Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets -- Madama Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment